This month we also highlight a few characteristics of the market, but then show you how to buy a home in just 6 easy steps!
Speaking of trends and forecasts, while the market expects for more homes to become available to sell, prices --though expected to stabilize somewhat-- are NOT expected to go down. In this regard, stabilizing means a gradual increase, but an increase in prices nonetheless as predicted by a sizable number of industry experts.
Also, while last year's mortgage rates saw record lows, this year, rates are expected to rise. This can happen anytime from the first months of the year to the end and based on several indications from the Federal Reserve.
However it is also expected that mortgage rates for a 30 year loan will remain in the 3+% range.
To lock into today's interest rates, here are 6 steps to buying your new home:
- Find the Right Agent [HINT: That's Us! The Melissa Mullis Property Group :) ]
- Get Pre-qualified or Pre-approved [With Your Bank or Mortgage Lender]
- Preview Homes [We Can Do This Virtually or In Person]
- Negotiate [We Take Care of This for You!]
- Inspection and Appraisal [We'll Be There Every Step of the Way]
- Closing [Let's Go Grab the Keys to Your New Home!!!]
This month, we're pleased to share fun community happenings for January including pre-Mardi Gras events to celebrate Twelfth Night. And in the Curated Content section, you'll be in the know with predictions for 2022's hottest Home Trends so you'll know what to invest in for your home. Plus Curb Appeal ideas if you are looking to sell, as well as smart DIY projects with paint!
If our experienced team can help you find your next home, or give you a competitive home valuation for the one you have, we are all here for you.
Wishing you a bright 2022!