Announcing the opening of the 2022 Façade Improvement Application Period! Are you a business looking to update your sign, hard landscaping, lighting or another improvement to the frontage of your business? If so, this program is for you!
The program is a first come, first serve basis and is accepting applications until funds have been fully allocated. Apply today!
The program will provide a grant up to 50% of the eligible costs up to $2,000 per project.
The Façade Improvement Program is a FREE municipal Grant Program Package that assists property owners looking to revitalize and/or restore the frontage of their existing commercial, institutional and mixed-use buildings in town. Projects can include side and rear facing facades that have high public visibility.
The following are eligible building façade projects that deal in the rehabilitation, restoration and improvement of existing commercial, institutional and mixed-use buildings.
- Repair or restoration of masonry, brickwork, or wood;
- Repair, replacement or restoration of exterior architectural features;
- Repair or replacement of windows or doors;
- Re-painting, cleaning, or re-facing of façades;
- Improvements to the appearance or access to entrances of commercial units (including hard landscaping improvements such as fencing and stonework);
- Installation of appropriate new signage or improvements to existing signage;
- Installation of appropriate new canopies and awnings or improvements to existing canopies and awnings; and
- Installation of appropriate new exterior lighting or improvements to existing exteriors.
For more information please contact:
Economic Development Officer
(705) 429-3847 ext. 2284